Thursday 22 December 2011

Instead of wishing, just do


I wish I could bare my soul to the world to receive support and love. I wish I could be brutally honest about what I desire so my desires could be achieved. I wish the world was nonjudgmental and not out to trample on anyone it perceives has a weakness.
I wish I had a crystal ball so that I can be in control of my life at all times. I wish. I wish .I wish.
Instead of wishing all the time, I know that I am capable of all these things but it is ego that is holding me back. Forcing me into predefined roles about who I am and what I should be. There’s a word - should. Should is a judgemental word – did you realise that. It is a word that has conditions attached to it because it is scolding us for what we did not do or don’t want to do. Listen to the connotations of the word the next time you use it and you will see it for what it is.
Instead of wishing for my life to change, to be what I want it to be. I have to do. Wishing is easy. Doing is hard. Because when we do we step out into the world, we expose ourselves to judgement both from ourselves and others. It’s almost as if we are standing naked in front of lots of people not knowing whether our nakedness is acceptable or not. When what we need to be asking is whether it is really who we are and what we want to do.
Self judgement is the ego asking us who do we think we are. Self judgement is what keeps us in the wishing stage. Doing is what takes us out and allows us to be whatever we want but we have to be strong enough for the attacks, the gossip, the snickering because our world does not really like success because it makes whomever is not successful feel like a failure.
Stepping out of life’s mediocrity and standing firm on the World Stage as who you are takes a lot of courage and strength because you become the constant target for those who can’t and won’t. But remember if you are there you have achieved what 90% of the rest of the world wants.  Don’t ever forget it. The only thing that separates those who are successful from those who are not is doing rather than wishing. Nothing more. Nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment