Friday 23 December 2011

A good cry is healing


I had a good cry today. A cry for what was. A cry for what I thought was going to be. And then I stopped because I realised I was not in the present moment. I was punishing myself for decisions I had made and I was punishing myself for what had not even happened. I realised I needed to focus on the only moment where I could change anything and that is in the present moment.
Sometimes it is good to grieve. Sometimes it’s good to feel your sadness just as long as you remember at all times we have the power to shift the mood we are in. We have the power to be whomever we want to be. People will come into our lives to make us think otherwise but that’s because those people do not believe they have the power to change their own lives so they do what’s easiest – try to control and change the lives of others. And for a time they feel good that they have exerted their power of others but soon enough they realise they still carry the same pain they had before they hurt someone else. They feel it even worse.
Before we go out trying to change the world and anyone we come into contact with, what we have to do first is accept who we are for what we are, warts, mistakes, problems and all.
Crying is healing. It is a way for the soul to express its sorrow for the pain we are in. It is a release to ourselves but we cannot hold onto it once it’s released because then we wallow in what we cannot change. The release of tears is a way of forgiving ourselves for where we are.  It is not a judgement but an act of love from deep within – a gift for us to move on cleansed of the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment