Saturday 3 September 2011

The Wonders of Nature


Whenever I wake up in the morning and see the clear blue skies, dew on the grass and a bright sunny morning, I am filled with hope and wonder.
Hope because it is always amazing to me to see how crisp and fresh everything looks after a period of drudgery and rain.
Wonder because it is amazing to see the vividness of the natural colours in our environment. Colours that we are blind to on a clear day because we do not see or appreciate them because we take them for granted.  Only when they are gone and reappear do we really see their grandeur.
It is these perfect days after periods of imperfection that I am grateful for those grey and dull days because without them I would not understand their power and how they relate to my everyday life. Those dull and grey days directly correlate to my dark and sad days. They teach me that even though they may feel oppressive and weigh me down; once they clear there are beautiful, clear and sunny days before me.
Just the kind of day I woke up to today – a day full of hope, wonder and awe. A day that lets me know that even after my darkest and most trying days, there will always be days when the birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming, the sky is perfectly clear and the air is fresh and crisp. Leaving me with the belief that my possibilities are limitless if I have faith to believe that dark days are necessary to allow my soul the time to replenish, regroup and learn so that I can go out into the world with empathy, clarity and a little more wisdom but more importantly armed with hope and wonder. What could be better than that?
Nature, our natural healer, needs to revered and appreciated for what it is every day because it provides our souls with everything they need...

No comments:

Post a Comment