Friday 2 September 2011

Reiki - The Art of Balancing Energy


Have you ever started walking down one path only to find yourself on a completely different road, in a completely different place and most certainly not where you had planned?
Have you ever wondered how you got so off track? Where you took the wrong turn?
Have you ever been baffled so much by life that your head is spinning and you can’t stop it from spinning?
That’s how I felt the other day and I knew I needed to get myself focussed and balanced again so I called my dear friend Deryn at my favourite place in Bermuda to have Reiki done.  I walked into her room feeling out of sorts, stomach churning, mind scattered and my whole equilibrium was off balance.
I lay on the table and Deryn asked for permission to do a treatment on me then the rest is history. As she placed her hands above my crown chakra I could feel my energy calming. As she moved over my third eye and crown chakras I could feel my body saying thank you as it began to rebalance itself, relaxing under the shifting energies.
My mind emptied of all of its conflicting messages. It then encouraged me to meditate more. Take time for myself. It reminded me over and over again that in the midst of chaos sometimes I  just have to stand still, stop, and allow myself time for me without feeling guilty.
So I let go and allowed myself to slip into a state of bliss so much so when my Reiki treatment was done, I felt rejuvenated, whole, light hearted, and ready for whatever was to come next.
Reiki the practice of balancing energy. I highly recommend when you are feeling out of sorts and if you’re in Bermuda all the better go to see Deryn at My Serenitea (www.mysereniteabermuda.com). Tell her Cathy sent you.
Author’s note, if you don’t know what Reiki is, I found this definition in the online medical dictionary, “Reiki is a form of therapy that uses simple hands-on, no-touch, and visualization techniques, with the goal of improving the flow of life energy in a person. Reiki (pronounced ray-key) means "universal life energy" in Japanese, and Reiki practitioners are trained to detect and alleviate problems of energy flow on the physical, emotional, and spiritual level. Reiki touch therapy is used in much the same way to achieve similar effects that traditional massage therapy is used—to relieve stress and pain, and to improve the symptoms of various health conditions. The basic concept underlying reiki is that the body has an energy field that is central to its health and proper functioning, and this energy travels in certain pathways that can become blocked or weakened. This idea of energy flow in the body is also a central concept in Ayurvedic medicine and traditional Chinese medicine, including acupuncture.
Reiki practitioners believe that everyone has the potential to access the universal life energy, but that over time most people's systems become blocked and the energy becomes weakened in them. A reiki practitioner is trained to be able to detect these blockages, and practitioners will use their hands, thoughts, and own energy fields to improve the energy flow in a patient. Reiki is one of the more esoteric alternative medical practices, because no one is sure exactly how it works on the physiological level. Practitioners claim that it works on very subtle energy levels, or possibly works on the chakra system. The chakras are the system of seven energy centers along the middle of the body believed to be connected with the nervous and endocrine systems, as defined by yoga and Ayurvedic medicine..” www.medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/reiki

No comments:

Post a Comment