Tuesday 20 September 2011

Sharing can not only help us but others as well

When my husband read my blog yesterday, he said he is so much more private than I am and he is careful what he lets out in the public eye. I thought about what I had posted after that and wondered whether I had done the right thing by discussing my transition in such a public forum. And the answer that came to me was yes I had done the right thing.
The reason why we have so much depression, aggression and defensiveness in the world right now is because we don’t share enough. By bottling up our feelings and experiences, we build walls round ourselves shutting out people and events that could actually help us. Many people believe they are alone in their trials and because they don’t share, they believe there may be something wrong with them.
For those people who know me, I have always been an open, honest and approachable person and the reason I am this way is because I recognise I am not separate from anyone else or thing. We are all one connected to the spirit.
I am not ashamed of my job closing down. The decision was not mine to make and was out of my control. I know I did the best job that I could and would make the same decision to go there again because that was where I needed to be to learn more about me. And as one of my favourite singers, Barbara Streisand says, “There are no mistakes. Only lessons to be learned. No matter how many times I stumble and fall, the greatest lesson is learning to love yourself through it all.”
Every experience, person or event that comes into our lives comes to mirror something that is going on deep within us. A difficult pill to swallow I know because many of us think that can’t be so because that event or person is so annoying, humiliating or just so far from us that it’s impossible for us to be  anything like them. But if we dig deep, we realise that there is a lesson for us in everything we do.
I am writing this blog because it is providing me with an outlet to voice what is happening in my day to day life bringing me closer to my truth and hopefully helping someone else along the way to realise they are not alone in their struggle for growth. We are all here to learn something because there would no other reason for us to be here. Think about it.
We are not separate entities. We are all one. Sharing this story called life on a journey totally of our own volition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment