Thursday 29 September 2011

Orange Honeysuckle

There’s a bright orange honeysuckle tree outside of my bedroom window that has been taunting me for the past couple of weeks. For some reason I have been avoiding it – almost repelled by it. But it is relentless in trying to get my attention because each morning ,without fail ,it greets me whenever I open my bathroom windows and it stares me in the face when I get in and out my car.
What’s even more bizarre is that this honeysuckle tree suddenly sprung up out of nowhere. Towering over the car and every other plant on the drive. It’s a beautiful sight I must admit but why have I been avoiding exploring its meaning when I had such an awakening once I researched the colour yellow as a result of the wildflowers in my yard?
Finally this morning I had had enough, the guilt was overpowering me that I was ignoring this tree so I went to the Internet to find out what the spiritual connection of orange is. And then it hit me like a brick why I was avoiding it- the colour orange represents our second chakra according to Reiki and it is the colour of creativity and sexuality. It is meant to represent joy, enthusiasm, and promote a general sense of wellness. Over the past couple of weeks I have not been in the best of spirits so I have been blocking my second chakra. Interestingly enough this was what I was told in my Reiki session on Tuesday. And this is why I have been resistant to the pull of the orange honeysuckle.
So instead of opening to the orange honeysuckle what I have been doing is blocking its healing elements resulting in my feelings of guilt, restlessness and a general lack of spontaneity.
I get the message my beautiful orange honeysuckle and I am willing now to open to you so that I can once again feel in balance, feel passion, enjoy my freedom and learn to trust my intuition. There right in front of my face all this time and I chose to ignore this wonderful message. I have a lump in my throat because now more than ever I know the messages are all there for me if only I would learn to trust my intuition and remain open to the life’s messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment