Monday 12 September 2011

Why Mondays are hard for me

Some days it’s easier to write than others.  Some days the creativity just flows. Other days it’s a chore. Nothing comes. Blockages abound.  Anxiety takes over.
On those days, I know I’m trying too hard. Trying to write something so philosophical or has meaning rather than just letting the words come through me. Rather than just sitting and letting the creative juices kick in.
Today is one of those days.  And what I have discovered is that I’m usually in this predicament on a Monday. So today I decided to ask myself what it is about Mondays that frightens me.  And the answer came to me as clear as day. I realised that on Mondays, I project about the week ahead thinking of all the commitments I have made, all the people I have to meet, the school week combined with trying to be a good wife and mother and I start to feel overwhelmed. I start to wonder how I will fit all these things in and still have time for me. Time to write. Time to reflect. Time to just be.
What I have decided is that whenever I get this feeling, I will take myself away from everything and just reflect on me and what I truly want to accomplish in that moment. That I will not project for the rest of the day let alone for the rest of the week. I will just be grateful for being in that moment and then hopefully the blockages will clear, the anxiety will diminish and once again I will be in my zone. And for allowing myself this reflection today and sharing it with you, I am truly grateful for hopefully I can help to ease your inner conflict as well as mine. To accept that it is okay to take them out for ourselves because if we don’t who else will.
Each day let’s give ourselves permission to take ourselves out of the turmoil and seek our inner peace because it is that peace that will allow us to accomplish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment