Sunday 25 September 2011

I love Sunday mornings

I love Sunday mornings. They are special because I try not to place any demands on myself. I always feel like I can exhale on a Sunday morning because the day is solely at the discretion of me and my family.
We usually have a late start to the day- leisurely in fact. Breakfast is usually a lazy morning time when we sit out on our porch and chat about whatever comes to mind. The children can watch television if they want (never during school days but Sundays are a treat). They can entertain themselves doing whatever tickles their fancy.
Nick and I usually busy ourselves doing all the things we couldn’t do during the week. Sunday is my favourite day of the week because I don’t feel guilty if I decide to do nothing at all.
This morning is particularly lovely because of the silence after a loud afternoon yesterday with my family all here.  The light is streaming through my office window. A refreshing gentle breeze is wafting in from time to time.  And our resident dragon fly is fluttering across the pool vainly catching glimpses of itself as it goes. My laughing Buddha is looking right at me filling my insides with joy, peace and abundance.
I love Sundays so much that I wish that I could put a little bit of Sundays into every day of my life. But because I know some days I can’t, I’m going to relish this feeling today and sign off short and sweet so I can go back to enjoying just being today. And so should you.
Enjoy your Sunday too.  Give yourself permission to exhale and just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment