Monday 19 September 2011

Gratitude for my transistion

This morning I hung my clothes out on the line. I have grown to love hanging clothes on the line especially if it’s early in the morning because I find it so therapeutic.
This morning was breathtaking. There was no sound but nature all around. The sky was very blue with just a few puffy clouds and there was a gentle breeze that wafted by every once in a while as if thanking me for being outside.
If we are looking for solitude and quiet time when we can’t fit it into our busy schedules, sometimes it can be found in our every day chores like hanging clothes on the line. The rhythm of taking the clothes pegs out of the bag, bending down to take the clothes out of the basket then putting them on the line can give you a lot of peace as it did me this morning.
I gazed at the birds flying by, the greenery of the trees, my cherry tree full of cherries against the backdrop of the morning light and I felt so grateful to have this time to just be me. To listen to my inner voice.  To rediscover who I am.
I was given this gift of time when my job abruptly came to an end on March 31, 2011. At the time I couldn’t understand why. At the time I was in shock. At the time I was afraid of what would happen to me. At the time, I was terrified of what people would say about me. So instead of rushing into anything, I decided to give myself some time to find my way back to me, to my centre. To come to terms with this transition that I obviously needed to go through.
Sometimes we have to get knocked down really hard and publicly before we take the time to listen to what we truly need. My experience brought me to my knees and made me realise I needed time to breathe. It didn’t kill me. It didn’t do near the damage I thought it would.  It just needed to happen and I am so grateful that it did when it did for this experience has reinforced so much about karma, life lessons, and growth for me.
And it was today while hanging the clothes out on the line that the gratitude flowed through me and back out into the Universe that I have the means to take the time to replenish myself so that I can go back out into the World a much stronger and wiser person. I am nearly there now and I know whatever I do next will be right for my soul, my family, and for my next stage of growth. And for this opportunity I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment