Saturday 24 November 2012

You are what you believe


Yesterday my nephew posted he had done something and it came back to him in a positive way. Reached out to someone who he thought was beyond his reach and that person asked him for more information. Sending him into a state of glory. And joy.
His sister has been reaching out to different people because she is trying to find solutions to her present situation. Doors are opening that may not have if she did not believe she is worthy. And I know she will continue until she finds what she is looking for. Adjusting her paths accordingly.
His brother is living in another country. Finding his feet. Discovering who he is. Taking advantage of the opportunities he may not have if he remained where he was before. Willing to let go of what was comfortable to find what will be comfortable to him as he grows and changes.
I decided to centre my blog on this wonderful progressive family because they remind me of the expression, “you are what you believe”. Your dreams only come true when you believe you are worthy of them. When you don’t stop at the first no but keep going until someone or something says yes because there is always someone who will agree with us. We just have to find them. Convince them by having passion about who we are and what we are trying to achieve.
Where did my nephews and niece get the confidence to go for it from? I believe it stems from their parents. Their mother recognized that living in Bermuda would not allow her children the education and opportunities she knew they were capable of achieving so she packed her family up and moved without a plan. Without thinking about the ramifications. She just knew she had to go if her children were going to flourish.
And while she was getting them together she took the opportunity to better her education as well. Now she is a fully educated woman giving back to her community. And her children saw her do this. Saw her give up to get. To let go and trust. Have faith and life has worked out for them and continues to work out because they have seen and lived, “you are what you believe”. They have experienced being taken out of their comfort zones and have survived and thrived. Redefining a new comfort zone for themselves.
My brother leaving his family for months at a time to help to support them so they could continue to pursue their dreams.  All of them having the patience to weather many storms.
Their children have learned they have to keep going for it until something opens because they believe they are worthy of what the world has to offer them. They are what they believe. They know when one door closes another will open for them. They have lived it and continue to live it.
I woke up with them on my mind this morning. Feeling such pride about how well my brother and his family are doing. How they continue to reach for the stars and beyond because they have faith and they trust and they believe they are worthy. May this be a lesson to us all. And may they continue to keep believing and trusting even on those darkest days. And may I continue to learn from them.
Nothing is impossible unless we believe so. Here's to feeling worthy and reaching for the stars and beyond. Happy Saturday everyone.

4 comments:

  1. This was a beautiful blog, not just because you are my aunt but because you also believe in our dreams. Without family to back us up with every endeavor, we wouldn't be able to foresee the storm. Even though my parents had a hand in helping me and my brothers along the way, there was always family from a far encourage us to do better. So I want to say thank you for being our cheerleader and standing by our side and for that I am always grateful! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Echaunti for your beautiful words. I love you too. Keep believing.

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! Thanks sis,

    We are who we are because of family who also believed. Even if not immediately which doesn't matter, what matter is that you believe along the way. So thanks for the shout out. We love you all and are so thankful to have you all as family.

    Love Always,

    Eddie and Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really meant every word I said, so proud of all of you. Keep believing and reaching for the stars and beyond. And I am thankful for you as well.

      Delete