Monday 19 November 2012

Synchrodestiny revealed in plain sight


Yesterday my son and I went to see Breaking Dawn 2. The last of the Twilight series. A journey we began some three years before when we read the book series out loud together. He even gave up going with his friends so we could share the experience together. To say I was pleased he thought that much of our tradition is an understatement. Particularly since he is 13 now and going through his own desires to be more independent of us.
We sat together side by side, mother and son, reliving the time when we read the book years before. Eating popcorn together. Chatting with some of his friends from school who sat behind us. Awkward to think of the time that had elapsed since we began the series and how much we had both grown but stayed the same.
When the movie finished, I looked at my son and said, “Well that’s the end of that”. Feeling a certain sadness to know that connection had passed for us. A silent exchange between us both as our eyes locked. My son shrugging his shoulders as if not knowing what to say. Nostalgia filling my soul. It really did feel strange to know we had seen all the movies together over a span of three years. Chatting about how they differed from the book. The last movie being the climax of the Twilight series. And the end of an era for us as well.
And then last night as I was writing in my thoughts for the day journal and comparing it to the year before, I realized with surprise that we had gone to see Breaking Dawn 1 exactly one year before to the day. Goose bumps rising on my arms to see the synchronicity of that event for us. Here I was mourning the end of a tradition for us only to discover that we began the last part of our journey together on exactly the day a year before we ended it. Wow, what a coincidence.
Shaking my head about the event, I then wrote in my grateful journal that I was grateful we ended our tradition together. Grateful we had embarked on the tradition together in the first place. Grateful we have something we will always share together. Particularly on the day one year later that we began the journey of the end of the Twilight series.
 And then this morning when I did my meditation with Chopra, it was all about synchrodestiny, the effortless flow of seemingly unrelated events coming together that can bring fulfillment to our lives. Chopra calls this mergence of coincidences and destiny,  synchrodestiny.  Suggesting to me there are no coincidences in life. Everything happens for a reason to let us know we are properly aligned with the magic of the Universe. Goosebumps rising again knowing the coincidence of my mediation being about coincidences was to show me there is no such thing as a coincidence. Trusting there is a rhythm to life and when we live in harmony with that rhythm everything we desire comes to us effortlessly. We can make miracles happen with no limit and with no end. When things go right everything goes right.
When we are on the path we are meant to be on, doors always open to affirm we are on the right track. Messages come from the Universe to guide us, affirm us and keep us moving where we need to go.  Feeling tremendously blessed that I am listening to my inner voice letting me know I am in concert with the Universe and the Universe answering me by allowing my son and me to go to the movie on the same day one year later and for me to be led to Chopra’s meditation this morning. Telling me. Willing me. Reminding me about synchrodestiny, which according to Chopra means, “harnessing the power of everyday coincidences to help you realize your long-held dreams. When we trust that there is a rhythm to life, and choose to live in harmony with that rhythm, everything we desire comes to us effortlessly.”
Today I trust and dance in the rhythm of life because I have been shown through my everyday awareness that when I do, everything I desire comes to me effortlessly.  Remembering today and always, “As I live in present moment awareness, I live the magic of synchrodestiny.”

No comments:

Post a Comment