Thursday 22 November 2012

A starry morning of Thanksgiving


When I wake up in the morning, I love to go to my family room and look out the window at the star filled sky and let my imagination fly. I often wish for a shooting star to go whizzing by. But that wish does not often come to fruition. But it does not mean I ever give up hope because I know one day I will see a shooting star so I never give up. Particularly since I love to feel the magic of infinity fill my soul when I see the stars twinkling so brightly in the otherwise dark sky. I feel such a deep sense of peace, such a sense of warmness, such a sense of wonder when I look out at the sky.
And then sometimes as I did this morning, I question how we could ever become so arrogant to believe we are the only ones to inhabit this Universe. How could we not believe there are more worlds out there simultaneously existing as do we. Feeding, living and breathing just as we do.
How did we become so insular to believe we are the most advanced of all the existence in the Universe? How did we come to believe anyone or anything else out there should be feared and treated as alien? When in fact we are all one from the same energy. Coming from the same source. Sharing a common identity as we sprang from one Universal Source.
Sometimes I stand and look out at the stars and wonder what they really represent. What they really mean for us and the balance they help to provide. Because I know deep down inside nothing or no one could exist without the other. Each one of us, each thing in our universal plane is here for a reason. Without one we could not have the other.
This morning I stood at my family room window and allowed the wonder of my existence as a part of a universal existence to flow through me with gratitude. Allowing the light of the stars to fill my body with the feeling of all knowing. Allowing myself to be filled up with the Power of Unity. With the power of knowing each step I take in the direction of promoting positive energy is a positive step for each one of us. Recognizing we are all interconnected in ways we cannot even begin to comprehend.
Smiling with the knowledge that I don’t have to try to change the world, all I need is to change the way I am and if I do I can help to effect change without even trying. Change does not have to be sweeping. It can sometimes be as simple as adjusting our smile and letting it radiate out into the world from a place of peace allowing everyone and everything that crosses our path to feel the love radiating from deep within us. Allowing them to feel the same and spread it out as well.
I love waking up in the morning to a sky full of stars. When my world is quiet and serene. When I have the time to reflect on how much wonder, beauty and abundance exists for me and I fill with such joy and thanksgiving for all that I am.
Today is the American Thanksgiving. A day of togetherness, family, love and appreciation. May we feel the essence of what this day represents no matter how it came about being. And even if we don't celebrate it in the traditional way as Americans do. But honour it for the gratitude it represents. May we also help to spread the feeling with whomever we may encounter. Thanksgiving is a state of mind that allows us to be grateful for everything and everyone.
And this morning it was the stars providing so much light to a pitch black sky that allowed me to see and feel the abundance and possibility that exists for us all if we are willing to share with our fellow brothers and sisters.  And for this day of Thanksgiving I am truly grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment