Wednesday 28 November 2012

The magic of a Monday morning hug


Monday Morning was one of those days heaven sent from above except I was not with my family but trying to make the best out of where I was, I woke up with the mantra for the Universe to use me as it saw fit. To allow my love and light to radiate out to others. To feel the abundance of the Universe.
I woke up in one of the best hotels I have stayed in from a décor standpoint, Nine Zero, A Kimpton Hotel in Boston. Met my colleagues downstairs so we could walk to the office together and encountered  a man standing on the corner giving free Monday morning hugs. I watched people making wide arcs away from him. Almost as if he was toxic. Repelled by him. Like they were terrified of him. I watched his posture start to change. His shoulders starting to droop. And at first I thought it was because he was trying to sell something but when we got closer he said he was giving free hugs for Monday.
The sun was shining, The sky was cloudless. The air chilly but fresh. And I was in a new location  walking with two of my male colleagues so I felt infused with confidence to accept a hug from the man on the corner. At first I walked past him then I decided to turn back to hug him. When I did I could feel his joy coursing through us both. His gratitude for me taking him up on his desire to be a positive change agent. I said to him, "It's all about spreading the joy."
He was so excited when I said this that he stammered a bit before agreeing with me. I walked on from the man realising just as much as he had brought me joy by hugging me, I had brought myself joy by hugging him. Affirming when we operate from a place of love, abundance and gratitude we always attract it as well as radiate it out to others. Also affirming there is a conscious shift in energy occurring because there was no way that I would have ever thought there would be a man on a Monday morning giving free hugs in a big city like Boston.
I walked away from that man with the biggest smile on my face with two stunned colleagues looking at me like I had two heads. But it really didn't matter because I was full of inspiration, joy and peace.
I inhaled the fresh morning air, looked up at the cloudless blue sky and silently thanked the Universe for living in the present moment and allowing the magic of synchrodestiny to guide me to hug that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment