Wednesday 21 November 2012

Letting go and letting be


Yesterday morning I woke up with great anticipation to do my 21 day mediation challenge with Deepak Chopra only to find the site was down for maintenance. I kept checking every second to make sure I was able to do my meditation. After 10 minutes I gave up because I only have a limited amount of time to do my morning rituals before I get my family up.
I had woken up with the mindset that I would begin my day with Chopra and was very disappointed when I could not. I let the feeling of disappointment wash over me. Let my whole self feel it then I let it go. And got on with my morning. 
And when I did, I was led to a site on YouTube called Angel Humans where I listened to beautiful angelic music and closed my eyes and meditated with the music.  Distancing myself further from the disappointment I originally felt. Letting my body relax with the music and letting my thoughts centre on the abundance of the Universe.
After coming out of my meditation, I wrote a blog about gratitude because I felt such gratitude for having followed my inner voice which allowed me to be led to the YouTube site. And then just about 5 minutes before I woke my family, I decided to check Chopra’s site again and discovered much to my delight that it was back up. The delight turned to panic very quickly when I realized I did not have time to do the meditation. Breathing through my anxiety, I realized I had time to listen to the message of Chopra and to read his introduction. Lo and behold his meditation and message was about gratitude, exactly what I had written my blog about. I got shivers up and down my spine because I knew I was in direct concert with the flow of the Universe.
I also knew the Universe wanted me to see that even when things don’t work out the way I had envisioned, they always work out the best way for me. By listening to the music of the Angels in the morning, my mindset shifted from disappointment to gratitude. Gratitude for having found the music that soothed my soul. Music I may not have found had I connected to the Chopra meditation.  This music in turn led me to explore my feelings about gratitude and to writing my blog.
And then when I was able to reconnect on Chopra I realized the Universe was affirming that I was on the right track because his meditation was about all gratitude as well. Lifting my spirits to new heights because I know that if I am present moment living, not projecting into the future, not dwelling in the past, finding solutions to the place I find myself in, I will always be shown the way. And I felt much lighter, much happier, much more at peace knowing no matter where I find myself I am always where I am meant to be.
When I got home from work last night and after my children were in bed, I settled myself down in front of my computer and listened to the Chopra gratitude mediation from beginning to end. Ending my day the way I thought it would begin. Grateful for going with the flow. Grateful for not giving up. Grateful for the abundance and gifts around me every single second of every single day. And grateful for knowing sometimes the path we thought was for us isn’t but if we trust and have faith we will always end up where we are meant to be. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment