Tuesday 13 November 2012

We are what we attract, and we attract what we are


Yesterday my family decided to spend some alone time together as we have been moving in different directions lately. Each with his or her own agenda. Forgetting to go back to our touchstone of togetherness and love. Our children caught up in their worlds of gaming, computers, television and doing their own thing. My husband and I not connecting because we are too busy doing rather than being. Not giving each other the time of day.
But the beauty of the cool breeze, the crispness of the Fall air and the call of nature was too much for us to resist. So after working, late in the afternoon, we stole some time together as a family to be out in the abundance of nature. Walking and talking. Exploring and discovering. Simple acts that bring the most pleasure.  Allowing us to see before us the vastness and plenitude of abundance readily available to us every single day.
Breaking down silos between us without trying. Feeling them naturally receding because we were giving each other the gift of time. Without pressure. The gift of being in each other’s presence. Away from all distractions. Away from what would normally keep us away from each other by moving away from our normal routines. Shifting our consciousness away from lack to being open to receive all there is.
This interlude away from our everyday allowed us to cross path with a woman we had not seen for quite some time. As soon as she spoke I realized she was my angel for the day. Her words unprompted by anyone of us were like music to my ears. She talked about the importance of shifting our consciousness. The importance of asking for what it is we really want then surrendering it to the Divine Force. She talked about how life works out according to what we ask for. She filled me with such joy because I knew she was sent to me. To my family. To remind us we are on this journey together for a reason. Each one of us having chosen to be a part of our family unit for a reason. To learn from each other. To teach each other. To share the same space because we are here to give and receive from each other.
She was the very woman that taught me how to look up when all I had known was to look down some twenty five years before. She was the very woman who helped me to meet my husband by showing me how to look up and out rather than down on the ground. And by doing so when I looked up the face I saw was my husband’s. Here presence reminding me of what we share, have shared and can share if we remain open to each other. 
And for this woman to appear again out of the blue yesterday with her message of positive thought, positive energy, I knew she was my angel for the day. I felt her words resonating through me from her. An exchange going on between us that was like a spiritual encounter. Proving to me, we always get what we ask for. We are always given what we need. We just have to be clear in what it is we want. If we think negatively, that's what we will attract. If we believe the glass is half empty, it will be. If we think the world is against us, it will be. But rather than feeling this way, if we make the conscious shift to believe we are worthy, we will be. If we believe we are abundant, we will be. If we think positive, we will attract positive. If we believe the glass is half full, it will be. We attract what we are.
I felt this for sure yesterday because what I saw in my friend's eyes and felt deep down in my soul was a reminder that we have the power to change whatever situation we are in by asking then letting go. Surrendering to and appreciating the Divine. And being open to receive the answer from whatever source it is sent through at any time. Because we are what we attract and we attract what we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment