Friday 23 November 2012

Writing authenticated comes from my inner voice


I used to contemplate, adjust and correct before I released my blog. Before I wrote my blog. I used to think everything had to be perfect. To wait for the profound to hit me. To judge and be afraid of putting myself out there. Frustrating myself. Waiting for that stroke of genius to hit me. Waiting for the perfect words, moments and time.
But now I know the first thought that sends tingles through my body is what I need to write about knowing that’s my inner voice directing me, asking me to explore. And what I have learned from this process is the power of following my inner voice, my inner compass, my inner divine. When I follow it from a writing perspective before I know it I have created a blog within seconds. No contemplating. No second guessing. No fear just going for it.
And when I step back from that piece of writing I am often amazed at what I have produced because it feels like I am reading it for the first time. Seeing the words and thoughts I formed from a different perspective. My words on paper seeming like they have sprung from a well of knowledge only accessible when I let go. Filling me with pride and abandon.
And when I reflect back on life, I understand that like my writing, I have to learn to trust and listen to my inner voice.  To those sensations that spring from that well of abundance deep within me because it always operates from a place of more rather than lack.
It’s better to journey than to stop. To fail than to not begin at all. To go for it rather than being afraid of being judged. Life is all about the choices we make, the steps we take, the triumphs and failures, the good and the bad. It is all about lessons learned and friends made. Accomplishments and disappointments. But most of all it is about living. Living our passions in whatever way we can.
It is not about waiting for the perfect moment or the perfect time because there is no such thing as perfect. It is all about trusting, faith and the courage to embrace the miracle that we are. My writing has taught me that and has opened me up to the more that I am. And for my gift and passion for writing I am truly grateful.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment