Friday 30 November 2012

I am not perfect but I keep growing


Sometimes when we are running on E, it's our body's way of telling us to slow down. To stop. To take stock of what's important. To let go of everything that can be put off for another time. To accept we are imperfect human beings not machines. To say no when we want to rather than yes because we feel we have to.
I am coming off a long week of meetings, presentations, and travel and I am exhausted mentally and physically. Disappointed that a presentation I had worked on did not work out the way I had anticipated. My finale not coming through due to technical difficulties. My high replaced with a sigh.
And last night I got to my hotel late with no luggage discovering that because my connecting flight is less than twelve hours my luggage was checked right through to Bermuda. Accepting I will have to wear the same clothes I had on the day before begrudgingly.
Turning my laptop on last night just to see what had happened in my world to see several people enjoyed my blog post. Immediately feeling my spirit lifting because despite disappointments from one aspect of my life I found joy from another aspect of my life. From writing that comes from my soul. From writing that comes from spirit. Pure and unfiltered.
Thinking about how I debated about whether to post that blog because I had intended it for something else and was not sure if my general blog was the place to post it. But I decided to post it because my inner voice told me the time was right to do so. That the piece I had written was meant for my blog and not to be submitted to anyone else's. So I posted it and let it go. Surrendered it to the universe. Only to discover many people needed to hear the words I had written as much as I did.
And then I thought about why I was so focussed on my disappointments for the day when there was so much that had gone right in the day. Recognising that sometimes we have to accept that our best laid plans are not always what are best for us. Not what we are meant to achieve at that moment. But if we are strong enough and forgiving enough of ourselves to let our plans go, we open ourselves to see the joy we have in our lives. The abundance. The power of choice.
And my mindset changed from lack to abundance. Shifting my thought to gratitude instead of disappointment. Allowing me to accept that today I will arrive home in the same clothes I had on the day before.  Grateful for the fact that I have clothes considering there are many people in this world who have none or wear the same clothes every single day because that's all they have.
 Gratitude in knowing though my presentation did not go as well as I planned, at least I had the wherewithal to be invited to speak in the first place and got through the presentation even though it did not come out the way I thought it would.
What I am learning is when I accept I am always where I am meant to be, receiving the gifts and disappointments I am meant to receive, I am always growing. Always open to the Universe and for these realisations I am truly grateful. Because I accept I am an imperfect human being learning more about my imperfections so I can keep going. Keep growing. Keep learning more about me and life. About choices. Sometimes pleasant and other times not.
And when I am running on E, I need to stop. To take stock. To rest and rejuvenate. To express gratitude for all I have and then rest. As I intend to this evening when I am at home.
And I am more than grateful to be returning home today to my family and friends. Imperfections and all. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment