Tuesday 14 August 2012

Venus and the crescent moon


This morning I woke up to a perfect crescent moon lying on its back with Venus shining down on it. It was a magical sight. Unexpected. Because yesterday I had gotten up early to see the moon obscuring Venus but the sky was so cloudy that it was almost impossible to see.
Because of my disappointment yesterday, I had forgotten about the fact that Venus and the moon were so close to each other. But to see the two of them illuminating the dark sky was awe inspiring. Together they looked like something out of a children’s fairytale. I almost expected to see the cow jumping over the moon.
I looked at the spectacular sight for a while. Thinking about what the vision represented for me. And then a warmth spread through me as I realised it was telling me never to stop believing in magic. Never to stop believing in the unknown and unexplained. Never to limit my beliefs to that which I expect. To instead look out at the wonders of the Universe. To see that the unexplained unfolds every single day and night right in front of us in varying ways.
To let me know though I don’t understand everything that is happening in my life. Though I don’t know why I have made certain decisions. Or that I find myself in situations I never expected, just like that perfect crescent moon and Venus illuminated the vast twilight sky, life has a way of revealing to us that which we need when the time is right.
It is often when we feel we are in the wilderness that we are learning some of our greatest lessons. That we are being given the opportunity to stop and observe what is truly going on in our minds, bodies and spirits. Like that crescent moon lying slightly on its back with Venus shining brightly above it, everything and everyone has a place in this world. And sometimes it is the unexplained that one day becomes the explained. That one day the darkness becomes the light and we will understand all that we did not before. When the time is right. Not always when we expect it.
I stood looking at the moon and Venus this morning feeling their energy taking some of my fears away from me. Asking me to believe in magic. To believe in the power of intention. To accept I am worthy of whatever it is that I truly desire.  I meditated on that thought. Allowing my mind, body and spirit to fully comprehend and savour the moment.
Then I sat down to write and as I did, the sky lightened. The cloudless sky became full of dark clouds with a hint of light pushing through in the East. Sending cascades of light throughout the dark clouds. Helping me to see darkness eventually becomes light. The crescent moon and Venus gone to the other half of the Universe as a new day dawned for me. And night came for them.
Understanding life is a constant pull of darkness and light. Understanding there is a harmony to them both. Understanding one is no worse than the other when we are open to receive the gifts of the Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment