Thursday 2 August 2012

Magic in the moonlight


Last night my family and I spent a very charmed night out. We were at The Dining Room at The Lighthouse for dinner. And we sat outside at a table overlooking the Great Sound and the South Shore. As my husband said a 270 degree view of the Island. There was so much beauty to take in that sometimes we lapsed into silence absorbing the changing scenery as the evening wore on. In awe of nature’s abundance.
The view was spectacular. Reminding me of how beautiful my home is. Just how magical my little Island is. Sailboats in the Sound. Colourful houses dotting the landscape looking like a fairytale land. Flowers of all colours adding to the magic. The ocean and sound as still as can be.  The only ripples coming from boats.
The restaurant quickly filled with tourists who were snapping pictures as were we. Prompting me to say to my family we are so fortunate to live in a place like this every single day. Fortunate to live here while others pay a lot of money to get here to have a glimpse of what we have every single day.
As a result of us being placed in the premiere spot in the whole restaurant setting outside, we were filled with love and the conversation flowed so openly and honestly between us. Covering the whole gambit of feelings, insecurities and fears. But because we were all coming from a place of love, any ill feelings were put to rest very quickly. Hurt feelings smoothed over replaced instead with love. Misunderstandings corrected with no effort. Illustrating that when we operate from a place of love, there is nothing but love.
And then when we thought it could get no better, as the evening progressed and the light gave way to the darkness, out popped the most serene full moon from behind the clouds. Giving the evening an even more magical feeling. Transforming the dark and still ocean to a stream of light over the spot where the moon sent down its beams.
My son took pictures trying to capture the light of the moon. Its essence. Its beauty. Trying to store it on our camera against the backdrop of the lighthouse sending its beams out from its centre point. Looking at the lighthouse whose light resembled a collection of sparkling crystals spinning on its axis shooting out beams of light over the ocean, across the sky, throughout the land. And then at the moon whose natural light was shining big and bright. Natural light intersecting with artificial light.
It was then I realised the lesson the Universe was sending me and I felt it resonate deep down in my soul. Even in our darkest moments, there is always light. Always when we are ready. When we are grateful. When we are open. Have faith. Trust in the Universe and all that it has to offer. When we are love. When we are still enough, there is always light.There is always love.
What a magical moment for my family to share together. Knowing that we are love. Created from love. And a part of a Divine Plan that always give us exactly what we need when the time is right.
In gratitude for the abundance in my life. For the beauty of the full moon. For the radiance of the Lighthouse. For the magic of my island home. For the love in me and in my life. And for realising all I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment