Saturday 11 August 2012

Surrendering to the Sound of the Ocean


This morning I woke up to the call of the ocean. I could feel it in my veins. Throughout my being. Summoning me. Pulling me out of my sleepy bed. Telling me not to sleep in late as I had intended but to come out to see it before the day got too hot. So despite my mind telling me to stay put, my heart told me to do otherwise. To get up and out of bed. To listen to the call of the ocean. To go to it.
I went to the bathroom window looked out and the sky was blue and clear. The trees were still. Everything serene. Inviting me to come out to be with nature.
So I got dressed and walked to my gate. Then stopped surprised by the conflict in my head. Not sure which ocean was calling me. Not sure whether I needed to just see the ocean from the harbour side or if I need to actually go to the ocean on the South Shore side. Not sure if I was meant to actually hear it, smell it and feel its power. So I stood for a minute then closed my eyes and just let my feet take me where I needed to go. At first I headed right toward the Harbour but my whole body resisted that direction and turned me to the left to the South Shore side. And I just followed listening to my heart not my head. Doing what felt natural to my body rather than what felt false.
When I got to the top of the steps to Elbow Beach, I could hear the sound of the ocean pounding against the sand and my whole body relaxed. I stopped to look at its untamed beauty. To listen to its power. To feel it flow through me. And then I knew I was being sent a message from the Universe to tell me it is time to follow my heart. To not listen to what my head wants me to do so much anymore. To feel where my body wants to take me. To go with the flow of the Universe and to stop resisting its call.
I felt such a sense of freedom. Of power. Of love. Because I listened to my intuition and followed it the whole way this morning. In gratitude for following my heart. Allowing me to understand without question that when we follow our intuition,  we always end up where we are meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment