Saturday 21 January 2012

Week One Down


Week One down and behind me. No looking back. Just moving forward.
It's Saturday and it' s a beautiful one. Clear blue skies. Not a cloud to be seen. Trails from occasional  airplanes snaking across the sky. No wind. Silence. Stillness. Peacefulness. Except for the Saturday routines I have to do with my children. But now it feels a little different. A little less taxing because at least I am spending some time with my children during the day. Catching up with them about their week. Missing picking them up from school hearing immediately about their day. Grateful for having had the opportunity to spend that time with them before going back to work.
My children have been so sweet to me this week. My son doing more for himself. Telling me I need to preserve my energy for work. Making my heart swell to have a son so full of compassion. My daughter  getting on with what she has to do. Neither seeming too upset by the change in our routines. All of us adjusting. All of us doing what we have to do to survive and thrive as a family.
Every change allows us to have a new perspective on life. To view things differently. To appreciate what we have. To be grateful for everything that comes our way. This morning I took my time getting out of bed. I took my time getting myself together. Took my time thinking about the day. Trying not to feel overwhelmed with what lay ahead. Instead expressing gratitude to the Universe for helping me to take life as it comes. For opening doors for me that I need to go through. Shutting doors that I don't. Leaving me open to explore and accept every challenge that comes my way.
Sitting outside on my verandah. Taking advantage of the clear fresh air. Grateful to be outside rather than in. Looking around at my glorious surroundings especially on a day like today when every colour is as vivid as can be unobscured by the haze of the humidity. Without obstruction from clouds and darkness. In full view. Pure unfiltered light. Forcing me to take a deep breath and exhaling for a long time. Acknowledging after my first week of being in the twilight zone of trying to get my feet on the ground at work again that today, Saturday, is my gift from the Universe. Letting me see the wonders of change and letting me know everything is going to be all right because it is as it is planned.
I am glorying in today. Sitting, writing whatever comes to mind. Without rushing. Embracing the sense of peace that is spreading through me. And giving thanks to the Universe for all of its blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment