Monday 9 January 2012

We bought a zoo a must see movie


If you would like to see a good old fashioned family movie, I highly recommend going to see , “We bought a Zoo”. It is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.  My family went yesterday afternoon at the suggestion of my daughter and I am so glad we did. The time went by really quickly in the movie because at all times I was on edge rooting for everything to work out for a family broken by a tragedy desperately trying to put the pieces back together.
I saw in the movie aspects of my life. I could totally relate to the son because he was about the same age as I was when my mother died and his actions spoke louder than his words because he could not find the words to express how he was feeling. He was, as I was, on the cusp of puberty trying to figure out who we were when suddenly everything we considered to be safe was stripped out from under us before we could blink. He descended into a dark world where there was “no sun “as he said because when a tragedy occurs particularly someone who anchors the family it does feel as if there is any sun on you for quite some time.
The little girl so sunny and bright in the movie became the glue, the purpose that held the family together because she still believed in magic at her age. She moved on in her own magical way trying to make sure her family stayed together.
The father completely lost because he had to ground himself from being the adventure junky that he was travelling the world to find the next thing that would force his pulse to quicken before his wife died. After her death, he had to come down to earth and face the reality of being a single parent and what that meant. He also had to learn to communicate with his family again.
The way the story plays out, I won’t give away the end because you have to see the movie, shows that life in its everyday form is full of adventure and discovery when we face it head on. We don’t need to be in an airplane doing flips or bungee jumping thousands of feet to feel our pulses rush, all we need is 20 seconds to do something that we’ve always wanted to do and when we do the results are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment