Friday 20 January 2012

Inspiration from creating My Next Chapter Story Board with Oprah



Last night I came home feeling pretty exhausted from trying to assimilate back into the work world. Relearning systems. Taking more time than I like to get anything done because I am learning my way again. Feeling slightly frustrated that I am not as productive as I would like to be.
Then I opened my Facebook page and Oprah had posted a reminder about completing a story board on the next chapter of our lives. Immediately I felt joy about the prospect of creating another story board. I love creating my story boards because they make my heart sing. They remind me where I am in my life and what I see myself achieving.
I never know what I am going to do until I open the story board. Looking at the blank canvas, something awakens in me.  My creative juices start to flow. I feel like a little girl again. Carefree. Able to create whatever comes to mind. Putting thoughts, photos, and collages together of my dreams. Bringing them to life. Then stepping back and seeing the outcome. Shocked at first by my artistic abilities. Then feeling absolutely elated that I was able to bring to the surface what has been brewing deep inside.
Seeing what I am come to life through images and words without fear of anyone cutting my dream down. Not altering any bit of it because it is mine to keep.  A sense of freedom. Joy. Love. Gratitude. All in a collection of my own creation and I feel so pleased. Happy. Rejuvenated. Refreshed.
If you’ve never tried creating a story board, I highly recommend you do. It is one of the most therapeutic avenues for helping me to see, feel and understand who I am and what I really see as possibility for myself.
I am attaching the link for you to use and hope you get the same satisfaction, joy, peace and love out of it as I do.
Here’s to the creative and inspired you. Start Your My Next Chapter Story Board - OWN TV

No comments:

Post a Comment