Saturday 7 January 2012

Is your glass half full or half empty?

Okay it's back to the grind together. All of us going full speed ahead with no end in sight. The lazy Saturdays are over as reality comes back with a vengenance. Running between the children's committments all while trying to fit in time to get things we would like to get done as well. The holidays are definitely over. The kind words and hopeful looks people share during the holiday period are over . Replaced instead with looks of so what happens next. The pace has quickened and the reality of a full new year looms ahead with many of us wondering what it will bring.
Everyone I bump into is between the minds of either feeling good to get the Christamas decorations out of their homes because it looks clean again to their homes looking too bare. These perspectives illustrating just how we either look at the glass as half empty or half full. A reminder for everyone one of us the way we live out lives is determined by the way we view life. We have the ability to change our situations whenever we want just by shifting our viewpoint.
My day thus far further illustrated this perspective. This morning was gloomy and overcast. The afternoon is now beautiful and sunny. I am sitting outside my daughter's first riding lesson for the year stealing the time to write my blog between all else I have to do. Thinking about the remaining laundry that I have to do when I get home. Thinking about the Christmas decorations I have to take down in my house. Thinking about the winter clothes I still have piled in the basket outside of my closet waiting to be packed away. Thinking about thinking. And trying to breathe between all I have to do.
And then just like that the birds starting chirping, the sun became brighter and I thought about whether my mind set was going to be on whether my glass is half empty or half full. And when I thought like that my whole mindset changed because I realised despite all I have ahead of me at the present moment I am sitting in an idyllic setting surrounded by trees, looking at beautiful cacti with blooming orange flowers, listening to the birds sing and doing what I love to do best, write. Immediately I accepted if I live in this present moment and savour it for what it is, all else will fall into place. And what I can't get done today was not meant to be done today and I won't worry about it.
My glass today is definitely half full because I am going to stay in each moment I find myself in and do the best I can while in it. Here's to being in the moment. Happy Saturday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment