Thursday 19 January 2012

Finding our centre


When we ask the Universe for guidance with all our heart and soul, the answer appears like an oasis in a storm. I was looking for direction. A focal point. Something that would allow me to catch myself again when I found this quote and it totally resonated with me, “The whole world is a cyclone. But once you have found the centre, the cyclone disappears. This is the ultimate peak of consciousness.”Osho
No truer words could have been said for me than those. In the centre of every cyclone there is the eye – calm, serene, beautiful and peaceful.  No matter how strong the wind. No matter how fierce the storm. The centre does not change. It is not affected by the chaos surrounding it. A message to us all.  No matter how frantic it may seem around us if we remember to look for the centre and put ourselves there, the cyclone will disappear.
Finding our centre enables us to have a clear mind opening us up to be more receptive to the solutions we are seeking. Enabling us to perform in a more efficient and effective manner.  Enabling us to understand no matter how much chaos there is around us, we don’t have to invite it in. We don’t have to become a part of it. We don’t have to become it at all. We just have to take a deep breath and allow the winds to dissipate until we are centred. It is then that we reach a point of such clarity about what comes next we forget the cyclone that is happening all around us.
Finding the centre allows us to understand nothing around us can affect us at all no matter how impossible and destructive everything around us may seem. It allows us to understand the world’s cyclones are outside of us and therefore have no power over us because they are not us. Breathe through the next one that enters your life and see what happens. I know I am going to try my hardest to do so. Preserving my energy and strength where they really need to be used instead of fighting against forces I cannot control. Breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment