Thursday 1 August 2013

We are all here sharing this human experience

The more I meet people from around the world, the more I realise just how much we are all the same. Different experiences but deep down inside we are all the same. Looking for love. Trying to be love and receive love. Seeking affirmation of who we are and what we are.
And we all have stories about our lives. All have experiences that are common even though we live in different parts of the world and grew up with completely different parents and in completely different cultures. Yet sometimes our stories intersect such that we share a common bond. A common interest. Something that compels us to listen to each other’s stories so that we establish a connection.
And what I know is sometimes that connection, that bond is meant to last for a lifetime and in other instances it is fleeting. Just like an angel flitting in and out of our lives for a split second. To nudge us to be who we were sent here to be and to do what we were sent here to do. Then you get those who remain for a while but then the time for them to be in our lives is over. Their purpose done.
I love when I meet new people. People from different parts of the world. People that help to enlighten me about life and why I am here. Why we are here. And sometimes those meetings and connections come from the least expected places and from the least expected people. Sometimes we can establish a bond with a complete stranger. Someone who walks into our lives to help us with a need at that moment so we may learn a lesson we were meant to learn. And though their meeting is by chance, their message stays with us for a lifetime. I call those meetings touched by an angel. And I hold them close to my heart.
Or sometimes that person just comes to lighten our load. To allow us to know we are never alone when we ask the Universe for guidance. That we are interconnected. And when that person is sent to us we always know. At least I always know from the sensation that runs through me. That feeling of familiarity and connection even though I may not understand the reason at the time. But I always know.
Being here in London has reinforced for me that people come and go in our lives to help us to understand we are who we are and what we are. And when we connect there is a reason. A Universal bond that is meant to help us to understand we are all bridge builders in our human race. Here to help each other to be better people. To learn that no matter where we come from or what we look like we are all here sharing this human experience together. To know there is no such thing as a chance meeting. That people who come into our lives and even those who leave were sent specifically for us to understand we are a part of a much bigger plan. A Universal plan.  And for this lesson and blessing I am truly grateful. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment