Saturday 17 August 2013

Present moment living

This morning the alarm went off at 6 am. I had been trying to decide if I was going to get up or if I was going to stay in bed having been wake since 5 am. Telling myself it was the weekend so I could treat myself  to staying in bed a little longer. To not rush about but my mind was wandering from one thought to the next. My head full of stuff. Stuff that I have to do. Stuff I have not done. Stuff. So I decided to get up.
I am finding it difficult to get up because it is so dark in the mornings here compared to the light that was flooding through my windows every morning at 5.45 in England so it feels like winter to my mind’s eye rather than the remnants of summer.  Tossing and turning I decided to get up and boy was I glad I did.
I love witnessing the dawning of a new day and this morning was a true gift from the Universe. The sky was clear.  There were beautiful stars in the sky twinkling like little diamonds. The night lights of the darkness I call the stars. There was a lone cloud suspended in the twilight sky, I stood at the window and looked out at the sky and asked the Universe to guide me.  To help me to get rid of the mumble and jumble in my mind. And I inhaled deeply then closed my eyes.
The Universe presenting itself to me in its finest hour. Showing me the silhouettes of everything. The energy behind us all. The essence of our existence. Shining bright against the dark morning. The dark giving way to the light and I immediately felt better. Blessed. Fortunate. Grateful for experiencing the stillness of the day. The dawning of the new day. The opportunity to start anew. To not worry about the things I had no control over but to focus on present moment living.
Which took me to something I read about Oprah just yesterday when someone asked her about her life and she stated she does not worry about yesterday nor tomorrow, nor anything beyond where she is at the present moment because she tries to live in the moment. And that’s when I knew the Universe had answered my prayer. Had listened to me and had guided me to that place in my brain where I had stored that gem from Oprah. To know that if I live in this moment, not the moment behind me or beyond me, all will be well. And only then will I be able to rid myself of the mumble jumble threatening to pull me into a quagmire I cannot escape.
When I opened my eye, the dark sky had given way to the light. The night lights of the dark sky had given way to the sun rising in the East. The cloud that had lain silhouetted in the dark sky now red from the rising sun. The leaves gently waving in the breeze. Allowing me to inhale the freshness of this new day. Exhaling the thoughts of old as the song, Morning has broken, filled my head and my being. Pure joy and surrender.

Happy Saturday everyone. I am going to try to continue to present moment living enjoying all the changes each moment presents such that my hearts can be filled with gratitude and wonder. Like that of a child. Already I feel carefree and blessed. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment