Wednesday 31 July 2013

Feeling blessed on this first day of August

Wow can you believe it is August 1 already. Another month greeting us. Eight months into the year. The year that seems like it just started yesterday and here we are 8 months into it. Just 4 more months left and this year will be giving way to another new year. Life seems to be flying by at lightning speed for me.
Not marching on but racing on. I am telling myself now to enjoy every single day. Every single minute. Every single second that I am breathing, living and experiencing. To appreciate all that happens to and for me. To just love life even when I am down in dark tube stations as I have been for this week. To appreciate I am fortunate enough to have these experiences.
To appreciate that I am blessed enough to step outside of my normal routines and assume a different one from time to time. To appreciate that I am living in a huge city for this week and I am with my family. Well at least two other members of my family.  While my son is still up at Oxford.
Each of us having our own experience. Each of us getting and gaining the lessons we are meant to at this stage in our lives. Me dealing with my fears and working through them. My husband getting time to spend on his own exploring and walking. My daughter pushing through her limits and establishing herself at her theatre school. Having to exert herself in order to gain the respect of the school and her new friends. Watching her blossom before our eyes.
Our son obviously enjoying himself because all we have heard from him are two Skype messages. One that said hi and the other telling us it’s okay in response to our message saying sorry we missed his message. Other than that nothing. So I am trying to be a positive mother by telling myself the reason we have not heard from him is because he is so busy enjoying himself he doesn’t have time to contact us. Even though I rush home and sit by Skype and Facebook waiting for him to contact us. Worrying about my first born. Trying hard to be grown up about his experience.
And then I woke up this morning realising it is August 1 and I felt so grateful for everything and everyone that has come and gone in my life and those that remain. So grateful for this experience I am having as a human being on this planet called Earth. Particularly when I look around and see no matter where I go, there is something to be discovered. Something beautiful to see. Experiences that enrich my life so that I can use them to enrich the lives of others just by my experience.
Feeling so blessed to be alive. To be who I am right here right now.. Ready to go out into the world as I am. In gratitude to the Universe and to life itself. Namaste.
Happy August 1 and to my fellow Bermudians, Happy Cup Match, Day 1. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment