Monday 19 August 2013

Seeing through the eyes of the soul

Yesterday I drove my children and their cousins to Dockyard so they could go out on a boat with their other cousins and what a treat it was for me on the drive back to see just how beautiful my Island home really is. After I dropped them off, the scenery I had not seen when I was driving with them in the car. Distracted by their talk, our talk. But with them gone all I had were my thoughts and the scenery in front of me. All round me. And I was taken aback by it. By the natural and astounding beauty of the place I  call home.
I could not help but take notice of the colour of the ocean. The varying shades of blue and in some cases indigo and turquoise. The contrasting colours of the coral beneath the ocean shocking the blue with reds and oranges. The stillness of the ocean helping to still my thoughts. As if it was willing me, asking me to surrender to its calmness so I could surrender to my thoughts.
I felt a sense of peace wash over me as I fell in love with my Island all over again. Fell in love with its feminine and natural beauty. The cloud formations catching my eyes next. Wispy tendril like clouds. Not moving too much because the wind was not very strong. Seeing them contrasted against the azure sky. With the occasion bird flying by.
The roads were quiet because it was a Sunday morning so I slowed down and took my time. Not worrying about holding up traffic. Not worrying about anything really. Just driving and talking my time. Allowing myself the pleasure of surrender.  Took my time drinking in the wonders of my island helping me to see through the eyes of my soul as Deepak said in his meditation.
Helping me to see that everything and everyone is interconnected. That there is an invisible thread that binds us all as we all emanate from the One Source. The infinite of which we are all born. Helping me to understand the soul is infinite because of from whence it has come.
I felt such peace and love yesterday that there was very little that could upset me. That could cause me to want to break with the feeling of peace and connection. Such that later on in the evening when several situations flared up that would have caused me to react in a negative way. all I could do was surrender them back to the place from whence they came and do the best I could with what I had because I recognized that everything and everyone has their place in our lives. And all we can do is decide whether we will invite them in or leave them at the door.
Give them options. More importantly give ourselves options and then let go. Surrendering to the fact that beauty and peace lies in seeing through the eyes of my soul. And because I allowed myself to do so yesterday by taking in the beauty of my Island and allowing it to permeate my being, I was at peace with the flow of life. Recognizing I cannot change the way others think but I can change the way I react to them.

In gratitude for the lesson of the soul through its eyes and the wonders of nature. And in gratitude for the beautiful place I call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment