Thursday 22 August 2013

The art of communication

I have to recommend the Deepak  Chopra, Oprah 21 day meditation challenge to everyone because it always delivers to me an answer I am seeking in ways I could not understand until listening to them. Until hearing the words of wisdom they impart. And the mediation I listened to today was all about “Miraculous Communication”. Something I have been grappling with for quite some time.
I have been wondering why  people feel they are speaking their truths but when some do, it feels like the truth and comes from a place of love whereas with others it feels like an attack and comes from a place of ego. How can one person be speaking their truth and it resonates whereas with some when they feel they are speaking their truth, it feels like it is mired in hate and contempt. And as such it is repelling rather than compelling. And this morning I got the answer that helped me to understand there is a vast difference between speaking timeless truth and personal human truth.
Ms. Oprah opened the mediation with a quote from Virginia Wolfe that says, “If you do not tell the truth about yourself, you can not tell it about other people.”  Powerful statement. She went on to say there lots of things that can block us from telling our truth – insecurity, fear of being judged, feeling unworthy, etc. When we consciously create a communication that is safe, our very presence becomes loved filled and life supporting. She stated that if everything we say and do shows the world who we are, then let it be our truth - authentic truth and Divine.
In other words what she is saying is let it be our essence self. Not our ego self. Our true self. Not our human self filled with human limitations of ego and fear. Let it be our spiritual self that understands we are all interconnected and all come from the One Source.
And then Deepak  Chopra discussed the expression center, the fifth chakra, also called the throat chakra. Saying it is the first chakra in the body to focus on the spiritual plane and it is the bridge between the lower and upper chakras.  The throat chakra enhances our ability to speak our mind.  When we speak from our true self, our words are positive. Our words inspire and lift everyone in our world. As we communicate authentically, our relationships grow. Our connections with each other and the world deepen. An underactive throat charka wants us to hold back in fear of being judged or misrepresented causing us to keep our desires and needs to ourselves. An overactive throat chakra results in speaking more than listening. Both coming from insecurity stemming from ego based desires.
A balanced chakra acts an independent filter for communication. Once the energy is flowing, we know we will speak truthfully.  People with open centers of communication, speak the truth, as their words emanate from love and express that love from the very core of who we are. Allowing us to speak a timeless truth and not personal human truth.
So when we think we are speaking our truths, we need to ask if we are speaking from an authentic place or if we are speaking from a bruised and human place. Is it our intention to hurt or to heal? To blame or to accept where we are and work on ourselves first before blaming others? To find fault or a solution? To place our pain on someone else so we falsely believe we don’t have to carry it anymore?
I know for a fact that when I speak my truth, my authentic truth, it flows without me having to think. It feels beautiful, liberating, and free. And now I know it flows because it emanates from a place of integrity and love. And when I speak from this place, I find no matter who tries to attack that truth can not hurt me because I know I spoken from a place of love. But when I speak from a place driven by ego, feelings of insecurity and fear overpower the feeling of authenticity. Making me believe we always know when our throat chakra is balanced and when it is not. Only then can I truly say, “I fearlessly speak my truth with love.” And then let the outcome go. Letting those go who attack while making way for those who attract.

When we speak authentically, our relationships grow because we grow. Speaking authentically comes from a balanced throat chakra that allows us to speak from a place of love.  Not from a place of fear. It comes from timeless truth not personal human truth.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment