Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year - the Dawn of the Golden Age


Wow, it’s the first day of the New Year. January 1, 2013. 1/1/2013. A prime year my husband and son like to say. A number that is only divisible by the number one and the number itself. So is 2013 meant to represent a year of strength, of unity? Nothing to divide us but ourselves? Interesting thought.
But we later discovered from my brother that 2013 is divisible by 3 and 671 both odd numbers within themselves so we decided that 2013 was going to be a year onto its own. Each of us finding our own sense of strength building into a global unity. United we stand, divided we fall.
We spent New Year’s Eve together as a family with a wonderful family and some new friends.  The children were in one wing of the house entertaining each other while the adults had the other wing of the house so we could freely talk about a range of topics. Sometimes challenging each other but in a spirited way.
Once the clock was close to midnight, adults with champagne in hand and children gathered to ring in the New Year. The New Beginning. Couples finding each other first to wish each other the best and to toast in the New Year. Then each couple finding our children to hug them and wish them the best. Then everyone finding each other to wish each other the best. Spreading a feeling  of unity and togetherness and love.
Fireworks bursting in the sky in the distance adding to the festive feel in the air. Feeling so privileged to be bringing in another year, another dawning of a new age with my husband, my children and friends. Feeling so full of promise for all that is to come. Feeling like there is great hope for me, my husband, my children and everyone if we keep our faith strong. If we allow faith to carry us through our darkest hours.
We left our friends’ home in great spirits. And as we walked through our own front door, one by one my husband kissed each one of us and wished each one of us well - allowing and inviting the promise of this new year to come with us into our home. Filling our home with hope, love and possibility.  So when I woke up this morning to this beautiful new day, with a slight wind, the air crisp and fresh, and full of light,  I inhaled the joy and possibility I felt. Exhaling the memory of the dark morning of the end of 2012, I felt in my heart that 2013 is the beginning of a fabulous New Year.
I felt the Universe asking me to cast aside my initial trepidation about the New Year ending in 13. Thinking about how the number 13 always conjured up dark images in my mind. Yet I felt so light this morning without the heaviness I thought I would feel. I decided to ask my son why the number 13 is his favorite number. To which he answered because it’s the coolest number ever.  Schooling me on the fact that 13 is the number of the alchemist. The early chemists who were trying to turn base metal into gold. So maybe that’s what this year represents - turning dust to gold. Turning whatever comes our way into gold. Particularly since the start of this new day, this New Year is so beautiful. So picturesque. The air so fresh. Full of hope, possibility and promise.
Allowing me to accept and appreciate that this is the Dawn of the Golden Age for me and my family and may I not forget it even when I am feeling like everything is a pot of coal rather than a pot of gold.  Present moment living yielding all the gold I can find. What a present it will be and is. Here’s to the Golden Year – 2013.
#HappyNewYear
#2013

No comments:

Post a Comment