Friday 4 January 2013

On the road to recovery


I woke up this morning feeling better than I did yesterday and even better than I did the day before. But still I’m not 100%. My body feels defeated and my mind feels tired after a bout of food positioning. So the debate in my mind is do I go back to work this morning or do I give myself today and the weekend to fully recover.
It’s amazing how guilt can come into play and make us feel we need to get back to work as soon as possible even when we are not 100% then we end up worse off than we were before. Food poisoning is  funny thing because just when you think it’s out of your system then you put something  in your mouth, it all starts again. So what happens is you don’t want to eat which compounds the tiredness because you are not fuelling your body.
So maybe what I will do today is stay at home experiment to see what I can and cannot eat without feeling off again and get myself ready for the full work week next week.
We all need to learn to treat our bodies like the temples they are. Listening to our bodies when they tell us to take care of ourselves. To heed the warnings that all is not completely well. And to learn the only people we need to prove anything to are ourselves because if our bodies, minds and souls aren’t together, we won’t be either.
So signing off again with a short post because I need to take care of me today to get me back to the 100% I am meant to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment