Tuesday 15 January 2013

Learning to listen to the voice of me


Learning to trust myself
To listen to my inner voice
Is one of my hardest lessons
My greatest life journey challenge
Listening to myself
Above all the noise
Above all the chatter
Above all the fear
And trusting that what I hear
From myself 
Is really what I need
Not what anyone else wants from me
Not from any of the worldly demands
Just what I know
Instinctively
 Is right
Is what I have to learn
To trust my inner voice
When I do
I always end up
Where I am meant to be
I always feel present
I always feel content
But when I don’t
That’s when it all goes wrong
When the world feels dark
When the road feels desolate
And I feel all alone
Afraid
Of the next move
Afraid of what
Comes next
So why do I override
That beautiful and true
Inner me
For the benefit of everyone else
Why do I silence
My inner guide
When it has led me
To where I need to be
Time and time again
Why do I fear my inner guide
Is it because
I am so busy
Trying to be someone else
Other than me
Is it because I am so used to being
And doing for others
That I don’t even know what
My inner voice sounds like
Anymore
Is it because the noise and the chatter
That I allow in
Is an excuse to stop
Being me
Is it because it’s easier to be what
Everyone else wants
So that if I fail
I falsely believe
It’s their fault
Not mine
So who do I blame
When I silence
My inner voice
That beautiful light
That always shines
That always radiates
Whenever I am ready
To show me the way
To guide me away
From the darkest tunnels
And takes me to the brightest
And most colourful
And abundant
Meadows
Where the sun is always shining
The birds are always chirping
And there is a pot of gold
Waiting
At the end of the rainbow
Just for me
Whenever I listen to the voice of me
I have to learn
To trust
The voice of me
My inner guide
My inner light
Only then
Will I feel
Satisfaction and worth
Because I will be living
The life of me
And no one else’s
Embracing
I am
As I am
Where I am
Always
Or at least
The majority of the time
Can I face my life challenge
Of listening to
My inner voice
My guide
My angel
My genie
My magic me
I am open and receptive
Trying to focus
Trying to hear
The voice of me
And live my life
As it is destined
To be

No comments:

Post a Comment