Saturday 5 January 2013

What a difference a day can make


What a difference a day can make. Health teaches us this more than anything else. We take our healthy daily bodies for granted. It’s only when we are sick or debilitated that we realize just how fortunate we are when everything works. I woke up this morning feeling almost like my old self. My stomach is still in knots but nowhere near as angry as it was before. I feel a little stronger than I have in the last few days because I managed to eat some food last night and most of it stayed in.
I feel rejuvenated and fresher than I have for a few days. My illness showing me what a difference a day can make. That each day I have grown stronger. Each day I have felt a little better. Illustrating that sometimes in life we have to take small steps to get to where we need to be. That life is not a race. It is a wonderful journey particularly when we slow down allowing us to see all the treasures that surround us each and every day.
That when we are patient and have faith, everything works out as it should. I woke up a little later than usual today allowing my body to rest and when I did, I woke up to sunlight streaming through my windows. A silence without the sound of wind rushing past my windows. A sense of peace and serenity mingled with the sound of birds chirping and realized today is the dawn of a new day. A day where how horrible I felt yesterday, the day before, and the day before that has now ceased and is replaced with liveliness coming back into my form. Just as the sunny day has replaced the grayness and gloom and wind of the days before.
Reminding me that we must not take our health and functioning bodies for granted. Instead we need to take care of our whole selves. Listening to our bodies, minds and spirits telling us what they need to be healthy. And when they do and we take heed life ends up being  beautiful because we appreciate every part of ourselves.
This morning I stood outside my bedroom door and inhaled the freshness of the new day inviting it into my mind, body and soul. Exhaling out all the darkness that had been in my body. Appreciative of my recovery albeit slower than I would have liked but definitely on the road to being me again. Allowing me to thank the Universe for my bout with food poisoning because it reminded me to not take anything for granted and to appreciate all that I have.
The peace of this morning light replicating the growing peace in my mind, body and soul and for this morning and my recovering body I am truly grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment