Monday 21 January 2013

A Monday morning prayer


I woke up this morning whispering  the following prayer,
"Thank you for allowing me to wake up this morning.
Thank you for allowing me to start another week, another Monday.
I ask that you use me to in whatever way you deem possible for me to serve myself and to serve others to bring forth love and light.
And for this blessing I am truly grateful."
All doubt and apprehension about another Monday left me as I felt a warmth flow through me. A feeling of  the Universe, the Higher Power, God, or whomever or whatever it is that is us infuse my soul, my spirit, my mind, my body with love and light. With possibility for all that is. I felt my whole mind and body tingle in anticipation of what is. Letting me know that what I do or say today impacts all of us because we are all one.
I lay in bed for a few minutes absorbing the feelings. Allowing myself to appreciate all that is and all that was and all that will be. With gratitude, grace, love and understanding.
I saw the image of President Obama come back to me. Remembering his words of wisdom, "There is something bigger than ourselves." That we are part of a much bigger whole in other words and I realized without a doubt that there are some people that come into this world to spread love and light. Actually that we all come here to spread love and light in the way that we know how. Some days better than others. Some days to be in the darkens to appreciate the light. Some days to be in the darkness in order to grow that much more.
And then I thought of a thought that came to me last night, "Don’t be afraid to live. Don’t be ashamed to come out again. Life goes on even when we feel it does not favour us. Even when we feel we are living a lie. A life that is not our own. Remember always the life we are living is the life we are meant to live. It’s just sometimes the choices we make take us down a road we did not anticipate but we always have the power of choice to go where it feels right. Don’t worry about what anyone else thinks or says. Feel and live according to the voice of all knowing. The one that never leads us astray."
And then I inhaled all the goodness and light as I felt truly and honestly blessed to be waking up this Monday morning knowing I am ready to go out today to live the best life I can with the resources, experiences and love and light that I have. Accepting without a doubt that I am a part of the Universe, a necessary part because I am the Universe no matter what happens today.
Happy Monday everyone. Here’s to the beginning of a new beginning  - a blank sheet to live the life we were sent here to live. A chance to start anew. Remembering always yesterday is done. Tomorrow never comes. This moment is all we have. With gratitude and love. Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment