Monday 31 December 2012

#December 31, 2012 with gratitude and love


Today is the last day of 2012. December 31, 2012. If you’re anything like me, you’re wondering how this happened?  How did the old year go by so quickly? Like the blink of an eye. Reminding us that time waits for no one and it is up to all of us to ride the hands of time. To love each moment as if it was our last so we don’t wake up on the last day of the year regretting letting life slip us by. Instead of living each moment.
Ironically the last day of the year falls on a Monday, the beginning of the work week yet the ending of the Year. Signalling to us, to every ending there is a beginning and to every beginning there is an ending. Reminding us not to sweat the small stuff in between.
For us in Bermuda it is a blustery wintry day. Trees are almost touching the ground because they are being blown so hard. The leaves are swishing instead of rustling. Father Winter is definitely blowing through. Showing us his strength and challenging us to understand the only way to navigate through the storms is to be able to bend flex with the wind rather than standing rigid and not yielding. Blowing out the old and sweeping in the new.
Dark heavy clouds are obscuring our normal sunny skies. Doom and gloom in the air as the darkness does not want to give way to the light. The rising sun is hidden behind the black dark clouds. Glimpses of the sky come with each gust of wind until it is swallowed up again. Illustrating even on our darkest days there is always light if we are open to see it.
My husband is the on the road to recovery while my daughter seems to be slipping onto his path of illness. I will send her good energy and try to heal her as much as I can so her old year does not end in bed leaving her too weak to celebrate her New.
I could end the Old Year full of gloom and doom but I know that’s no way to greet the New Year so I’m going to shift my mindset from negative to positive. To embrace the fact that though the skies are still dark, the winds are still blowing, the rising sun has been hidden from me, that I woke up this morning to see another day. That the world did not end on December 21, 2012. That a new day is dawning and we have been given more time to live, to learn, to love. What a wonderful day it is now. And how will we use our extra time? How will we not take for granted the lives we are living?
What joy I am experiencing knowing I am still here to experience the dawn of a New Year. Full of hope and promise. Faith and perseverance. Opening my heart knowing in order to be loved, I must give love. In order to embrace the light, I must share the light. In order to bring about change, I must be the change I want to see.
To know that though this last day of the year has begun on a day full of darkness and gloom, this weather too shall pass. But it is here to remind me I must experience its darkness in order to appreciate when it is sunny and full of light. To know this weather too shall pass and once again it will be full of light and radiance.
To remember though some of 2012 was marred with disappointment and disillusionment, there were plenty of days filled with wonder and enlightenment. So I am going to enjoy every minute of the last day of 2012. Knowing that with every positive thought I create now will pave the way for a bright and faith filled New Year.
So much to be grateful for every single day. So much to live for every single day. So much to love every single day. Here’s to the end of 2012 and the beginning of a New Year, 2013. With gratitude and love. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment