Wednesday 2 January 2013

Starting the New Year work week with Gratitude


First day for going back to work in the New Year. I could grumble and feel depressed. But I won’t because I am starting the New Year on a positive note. Harnessing all that is good. All that I have to be grateful for.  Reminding myself of how fortunate I really am by making the decision to reflect on 2012 not on what I was disappointed about but rather focusing on all I had to be grateful for and still have to be grateful for today.
1.       The World did not end on December 21
2.       I woke up this morning
3.       My children and husband
4.       Our health
5.       Love
6.       My marriage making it to 20 years
7.       Finding my passion by writing every day and producing this blog 6 days a week
8.       Accepting I am an imperfect, flawed woman living an imperfect flawed life
9.       Accepting I am where I am meant to be
10.   Learning to let go and go with the flow
11.   Learning the concept of balance is meant to change just as we change
12.   My brothers and sisters here and afar
13.   My dad
14.   My inlaws
15.   My extended family
16.   My home
17.   Spending  wonderful family time with my husband and two children whether here at home or when we are on vacation together
18.   Friends that remain
19.   Friends that have gone
20.   Doing the best I can with the resources I have
21.   Not pushing myself to be something I am not
22.   Forgiving people who have transgressed me
23.   Forgiving myself for transgressing others
24.   My compassion growing each and every day
25.   Practicing gratitude every single day
26.   Making meditation a part of my daily life even if for 5 minutes
27.   Deepak Chopra for helping me to see meditation does not have to be for 45 minutes
28.   Everyone who reads my blog
29.   Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday on Facebook on Sunday mornings
30.   Every person that crosses my path because you are here to teach me more about me
31.   Life itself
32.   The trials I experience
33.   The triumphs I experience
34.   Spreading love and light as best I can by embracing it for myself first
35.   For being me
36.   My choices
37.   Having a job
38.   Gratitude itself
I am setting the stage for a wonderful 2013 whatever may come my way. Let’s reflect on the New Year with all that was positive in our lives for 2012 and carry that feeling of goodwill, promise, hope and faith with us into the New Year. Here’s to my golden year. And to yours. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment