Wednesday 7 March 2012

We are the story


There is a story in everything we do. Everyday life. Every day experience.  Our lives are all stories. Our recollection of what we have seen, done, heard. Every person and everything we encounter is a character in our stories. Everything we see sets the scene for our story.
Through writing I have become so much more aware of who I am, of how each encounter I experience brings me closer to my Godself and that’s why I no longer take anyone or anything for granted because I realise each is as equally important as the other. Each is there to inspire me whether in a good or bad way because inspiration just like life is not always fun and fluffy and the way we thought it was going to be. But what we realise when it passes is that we tapped into something much more than we ever thought possible.
Our stories are unfolding every single day. Each experience depending not only on the choices we make but the ones we don’t as well. For some reason the phrase, choose wisely, has been circulating over and over in my brain. Making me question what it means and what choices I’m supposed to be making as well as those choices I’m not.
I know it all boils down to how I want my story to unfold. How the storyteller inside of me is trying to point a portrait of what I want to say, portray, the legacy I want to leave behind.  
We are all storytellers in our own right because each of us is living out our story every single day. Take nothing or no one for granted because they are characters helping us to craft our story along the way. Building who we are. Adding flavour to our lives. Weaving the story of who we are. Why we are. Because we are the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment