Saturday 17 March 2012

Life has a practice of living you, if you don't live it


“Life has a practice of living you, if you don't live it.” Larkin
After reading this quote a few days ago, I bumped into someone at work that same morning who said life was beating her down. I recited this quote to her realising it was resonating more with me than I imagined.
It was like she was my angel that day to mirror what I was feeling inside. To show me exactly how I was feeling and thinking way deep down in my soul. I gave her my usual pep talk about how we have to live life to the fullest because we only have one shot at this thing called life.  This time my words were awakening something in me. They were touching something deep within my core. Leaving me questioning what I was feeling.
I thought about what I had said to her all day long. Feeling like I was the one who needed to take life by the horns and ride it like a bull but somehow didn't know how. Feeling conflicted about whether I should be going with the flow or resisting it. Wondering what this going with the flow thing really means. Questioning whether it was just an excuse to do nothing.
I went home that night and looked for the quote but could not find it. Then several things happened to me after that making me realise how true this quote really is. Every single thing I wanted to happen after I saw that quote happened.
I asked the Universe to help us to sell our car then released it. No thoughts. No worrying. It sold the next day. I asked the teachers to excuse us from the Teacher conference because it was my son's birthday and they all did. Then this morning I woke up thinking about a problem I am experiencing about leadership and direction when I found a quote that basically said if leadership is not right then change it.
Once I found that quote and released all the doubts I have been experiencing about certain aspects of my life, this morning I opened Twitter and there for me to experience again was the quote by Larkin that said, "Life has a practice of living you, if you don't live it."
And I understood what it was trying to say to me from the morning I read it. It came back to me once I saw that life is all about putting our best foot forward, projecting our true desires to the Universe, releasing them to the Universe, having faith that the Universe will deliver our true needs and going forth and living each day of our lives with abundance, love, light and peace. Only when we can truly trust in the Universe do we begin to live our lives without life living us.
As if to affirm I am on the right path, the very woman, the angel that set me on this journey in the first place walked in front of my path this morning. I have never seen her outside of work before. Yet she was sent to me again today as my angel and she doesn't even know how much of an impact she has had on my life. Proving the Universe always provides us with what we are truly seeking if we open ourselves to its message. And we are not conflicted with what we truly want.
Here's to staying in the flow once we know and understand what our flow really is and going forth with this journey and gift called life. Living it and not it living us.

No comments:

Post a Comment