Friday 30 March 2012

We are the path we are searching for


“You cannot tread the path before you become the path.” Zen saying
Why did this quote keep coming back to me last night? Why could I not get it out of my head?
I thought about this quote for quite some time before going to bed then woke up this morning with it on my mind.
You cannot tread the path before you become the path yourself.
When I first read it, it sent shivers down my spine but I did not know why. I lingered on it for a while then went past it but it was still reverberating through my mind. Just as it slipped out of my consciousness, it appeared again in something else I was reading. Causing me to contemplate the meaning of the quote for some time again. Trying to understand what the Universe was trying to tell me.
And then I knew and understood something I had heard over and over again when I was a child, I am the truth and the Light. This quote just like the saying is reminding us that we are the way. We are the path. We are the journey.
It makes no sense looking for the way. Searching for the path because it will never appear until we see that we are the way, the path, the truth and the light in the first place. We are the only ones who can chart our course because it is within us. Of us. By us. For us.
Everything that has happened to me this week has reminded me that whatever I open my mind to is what I create. Particularly in the latter part of the week when I decided I was going to accept that I am abundant and prosperous and when I did, so many opportunities I thought were gone and did not even know existed came into my life. The gentleman night before last who paid for my dinner was the icing on the cake to let me clearly see that I cannot tread the path before I become the path.
And the Universe wanted me to be reminded last night to not forget that the path I want my life to take is within me to create. Reminding me I have to decide who and what I am. Reminding me to become the path I desire and then tread it with confidence, dignity, love, light, peace and gratitude. No searching. No scheming. Just being, So I can tread the path I have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment