Sunday 4 March 2012

Surrendering to my weakened immune system


I’m feeling a bit rough today. Head is heavy. Throat is sore and overall I am feeling very groggy. No energy. Eyes heavy. And my whole body is telling me to rest. To get my energy back. To clear this cold that threatening to consume me.
I have been fighting it off and on for the last few weeks . My daughter brought it home from school. Passed it to my son then to my husband. I thought I was clear of it but it looks like it is finally getting to me. For those of you out there with children you know what I am talking about when I say school is the breeding ground for disease. Nasty horrible bugs incubate there waiting to take on their next prey.
 I have been going nonstop for quite some time now. Living off about 5 hours of sleep a night particularly during the work week. Running my system down. Weakening my immune system. Now it is all catching up with me.
I can barely hold my head up but I came to my desk to look out the window. To see my happy Buddha. To take in the sunshine flowing thorough my windows. To write. Hoping somehow these things would magically clear my head. They have a little because I am a writing junky but not enough for me to say I feel fantastic.
So everyone I am going to listen to my body today and I am going to rest it. Build myself back up so I can face whatever comes my way next week. But for now I am going to surrender to the moment of this illness that is invading my body.
Back to bed I go. Listening to my body. Following my instincts. Remaining in the moment. Something I hope you will do today too. We only have the moment we are in, nothing more, nothing less. Listen to your inner compass. The cues it sends and follow them. Trust me you’ll feel a whole lot better when you do.
Happy Sunday and I’ll be open to receiving all the positive energy you can send me to get through this bug. Off to bed I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment