Friday 9 March 2012

In gratitude for this new day


Thanks everyone for your support yesterday with regard to my intruder. It was a terrifying experience but also a sign of the times we are in. There are many people that are doing without. The economy is at an all time low and many people are at their all time lows. And unfortunately when that happens they feel they have nothing to lose so they do things that they would not normally do. They take from others because they feel they have been taken from.
Some people resort to desperate measures to get what they need. Some people are taking advantage of this downward spiral and are jumping on the bandwagon of thievery and intimidation even when they don’t need to. They are trying to find power and the only way they know how is to try to take the power away from others. Rather than recognising power comes from within and it is always at their disposal.
In hindsight my reaction yesterday to my intruder was not the best reaction. It is always easy to go  back after the fact and reprimand ourselves for the actions we have taken. To judge. Rather than embracing the feelings I experienced and learning from them for the next time. At the time I was angry that this intruder had violated my family’s space and I wanted him to know it. What ended up happening was that I did not frighten him, I ended up frightening my daughter who is now looking over her shoulder for everything. We have spoken to her to reassure her we actually are very lucky that none of us was hurt and our house was not invaded. And we are hugging her that much more.
My husband and I are more diligent about checking the house before we go to bed to try to secure us as much as we can from any intruders. But the lesson we have taken away from this is no matter how bad the situation you find yourself in may seem, there is always something to be grateful for. Our gratitude yesterday came from knowing we were safe. From knowing we are still living a fairly good lifestyle and we can still provide for our family without having to resort to desperate measures at the expense of others.
It’s a new day today. A beautiful new day. And for this I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment