Tuesday 13 March 2012

Beauty just is


Take a look at the wild Bougainvillea bush I photographed this weekend while my daughter was horse riding. I couldn't help but feel giddy from the sheer natural beauty of the bush pulling me in asking me to photograph it. Reminding me its beauty is not created, but there for all to enjoy and take in.

After taking this photograph, I read this quote, "Beauty is not caused. It just is." Emily Dickinson

This statement is simple yet beautiful. Profound yet true. Not fancy but enough. Sometimes it’s in the simplicity that complexity is best understood.

 How often do we try to define beauty only to find it is not enough? This quote reminded me that beauty is not of us, it is us. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and is often a reflection of what we are feeling inside. Look at the dew on this rose waking up in the morning. Pure and free. Beauty undefined yet there. It just is.

 I walked amongst the freesias in my garden and inhaled their scent feeling like a little girl again. Like I could spread my wings and fly. Expecting little flower fairies to fly up out of the freesias. I'm sharing them with you today hopefully you will feel their magic just by seeing them. 
Drink in these beautiful photos and think of the natural beauty that surrounds us every single day. Inhale deeply and you will feel the beauty deep within you naturally bubble to the surface. Causing your whole body to tingle and feel alive. Changing your attitude from dark to light. Inviting in positive energy. Opening you to possibility.

Sometimes there is no need to explain. No need to understand. No need to question. Particularly when we take the time to appreciate the flowers that show us beauty every day reminding us that beauty is not caused it just is.

Have a magical and fragrant day as you remember to look at the faces of the flowers you normally would have taken for granted and feel their energy transform yours. Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment