Tuesday 22 November 2011

Taking some time to listen to me

Yesterday after I finished writing my novel, I felt both exhilarated and nervous at the same time. I had been writing nonstop for 21 days, waking up thinking about my characters, going to sleep thinking about my characters and then all of a sudden yesterday their voices were no longer in my head, gone. It felt like a death to me of some sort. I kept waiting, listening to see if they were going to come back, to chat to me, to let me know what I was meant to do next. Nothing came. I became listless, not knowing what to do next.
I wondered if I should call a friend and go out for lunch or coffee, surround myself with the noise of others but somehow that didn’t feel right for me. I decided I wanted to be with me, to just listen to me and my thoughts without the interference of characters or anyone else. I looked out my office window and I saw the perfect blue sky and the sun streaming in. I felt the call of nature telling me to come outside.
So I did. I got up from my desk and went outside, placed a chair directly in the line of the sun, sat in it and closed my eyes. I thanked the Universe for all that I have and for all that I am about to receive. I asked the Universe for guidance for the next stage of my life, to help me find inner peace with whatever I am meant to do next, to give me the courage to be who I am meant to be, to give me the strength to continue to radiate the love and light so prevalent in the world, to be free of judgement and to love as unconditionally as I humanly can.
I asked for a sign to let me know I am on the right track. And then I listened to the sound of silence. No questions, no answers. Silence. I felt myself floating away to a place where all is possible, a place deep within the recesses of my brain, a place all of us have when we sit in silence and reverence opening our minds to the infinite. I felt such peace and abandonment and my body, mind and soul felt remarkably lighter.
I opened my eyes and there above me was the form of an angel, a goddess of the Universe in the clouds looking down on me, suspended, floating and letting me know I am a part of a much bigger plan and all I have to do is to continue to have faith and all will be well.
My whole attitude shifted after that, gone was the listlessness, gone was the feeling of death and in its place was the feeling of rebirth and change and infinite possibility. Thank you Universe for shining your light down on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment