Friday 11 November 2011

11.11.11

Happy 11.11.11 everyone. This is a day of new beginnings and manifestation by those who believe in spirituality. People have been waiting for this day for a long time. There are a lot of expectations surrounding this day. People around the world are performing all kinds of rituals to mark this day.
I have to admit that I have fallen into the whole excitement of 11.11.11 because sometimes I just want to believe in magic, the unexplainable and the unknown because isn’t that what we all are. The other night my family sat at the dinner table debating about where we came from and how we got here. My husband stating that if there was a God where did he come from? How did we all begin? My son questioned how we keep regenerating and changing – what and where is the beginning. Even my daughter chimed in with her theories, probing trying to understand.
It was a very passionate and thought provoking discussion because it forced my family to accept there are some things that we just cannot explain. Whether we accept this fact or not is up to us but sometimes just letting go instead of trying to place our human limitations on the vastness of our world can stunt our growth. Accepting we don’t know it all can free us so much because it allows us to be open to possibility.
I believe we are a part of a much larger plan – a plan that is unfolding as per the Divine – whether we want to call it God, Allah or worship an idol – just as long as we have a belief system in something, we will have faith and it is faith that allows us to weather any storm that comes our way.
I looked out last night at the beautiful full moon and marvelled at the fact that the wind was still blowing like crazy, there was a Tropical Storm approaching, but the sky was as clear as could be full of stars and the moon was so bright, so radiant that it actually sent chills down my spine. Occasionally clouds, some wispy, others so dark and menacing, covered the moon and hid its light but within seconds because of the strong winds, the moon would come popping out again casting its magnificent light on me. I stood mesmerised by this sight, watching the interplay between light and darkness, between the wind and stillness, between the clouds and the wind and I knew that everything and everyone has a place in life – sometimes some are stronger than others and then the roles reverse allowing each one of us to feel the effect of the energy we put out.
Today is 11.11.11 – whether that means anything to you or not – take the time to give thanks for all that you have and all that you are about to receive because to me it is a new day, a new beginning, a magical time and I fully intend to make the most of it.
The birds are chirping, the wind is starting to die down a bit, the sun is holding steady behind the heavy clouds waiting for them to pass, knowing that when its time has come, it will be revealed and it will shine for us to see once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment