Wednesday 9 November 2011

Let go to be in the flow

I am definitely restless this week as you can tell from my writings. Too many demands and pressure on myself – self inflicted of course – isn’t that always the way? Trying to be too many things to too many people and losing myself in the process.
I was wide wake at 4.30 this morning thinking about all the what ifs, listening to the howling wind, wondering when the wind was going to stop thinking it would help stop all the noise in my head. Again looking for external reasons for why I am feeling so uncertain at the moment instead of accepting that I need to face my own demons if I want to progress. Procrastinating is my middle name and I need to shake it.
I got up at 5.30 because I couldn’t lie in the bed anymore. I went into the family room and stood at the door for a while watching the trees swaying, bending, and in some cases almost toppling over in the wind. I thought about the Earthquakes in Oklahoma, the Cyclone that is approaching Alaska, the fact that we are on Tropical Storm watch and thought wow, there is a lot going on in this world – a lot of unrest, governments are being toppled, protestors are protesting Wall Street, so much anxiety. So much stress. Everyone and Everything seems to be trying to find a place in society.
To quiet the noise and apprehension, I meditated for ten minutes and came out still feeling uneasy. What is going on I thought? Then I turned my computer and read the quote from Tao Te Ching, “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.” I inhaled because this message was being sent to me to let me know that I have to let go in order to be in the flow.
Mantra for today, “Let go to be in the flow.”

No comments:

Post a Comment