Wednesday 2 November 2011

November Challenge to Myself

As many of you know I am at a major transition point in my life where I have to make some serious decisions about where I go next. I am nearly there and a lot of my direction has come from taking part in the Oprah LifeClass Webclass. Listening to the many people that have come on the class and shared their stories and having access to some of the best professionals to assist people via Oprah has been ground breaking for me.
My passion is and has always been to write. I was so afraid that if I did not pursue writing than I would have failed to reach my heart’s desire during this transition period. And I was really beating myself up about it. But one night when watching the show with Iyanla Vanzant and Oprah, what I realised is if writing is my true passion then I can do it whether I am working fulltime or not at all. I don’t have to abandon one to do the other. I was so relieved to know this because I had been procrastinating about moving forward with my life because I did not want to make the wrong decision.
I now know each decision that I make will help me to get to where I need to be and I feel I am on track for making a decision that will propel me to heights I hadn’t’ dreamed possible. This sabbatical has allowed me to explore so much about myself, life and people I encounter. It has taught me that as Martha Beck stated, “the difference between success and failure isn’t about fear but having the determination to pursue your heart’s desire no matter how scared you are.” And that’s why I have embarked on the National Writer’s Month Challenge for the month of November to write a 50,000 word novel in thirty days. Before I would have found every excuse not to do so because I would have been afraid that I was not good enough or that I was not capable of writing the novel but I am doing it and I am enjoying it. I have released all expectations for meeting the challenge and though I am afraid I may not complete it, I have to have the determination to try. If I don’t try I will never know whether I am capable.
So this month my blog may be spotty as I embark on this challenge. But I hope you understand this is something I need to do, to prove to myself that I am capable. I hope you will encourage and support me as I embark on this challenge.
I know this month I have to repeat positive affirmations over and over again to myself to keep me motivated to meet this challenge. And I hope you will use this month to challenge yourself to think positive as well and pursue something that resonates with your heart and soul.
Signing out now as I have to write 2000 words a day to meet my challenge. Wish me luck and send me positive vibes please.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathy,

    I wish you all the best with your challenge. With all of the work that you have done and with faith, I am sure that you will be divinely guided to make the decision that works best for you.

    All the best,

    Richard T. Bassett, Certified Life Coach

    ReplyDelete