Thursday 24 November 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

It’s the American Thanksgiving Day today and it is always a day that resounds around the world because of the power of the US and its influence on many nations. And today that’s a good thing because our world needs as much positive energy as it can get.
There is so much sorrow, upset and disappointment all around. The economic downturn has impacted someone that just about all of us knows. Riots are taking place globally because the balance of wealth has been skewed to a small percentage of people and people are fighting for answers.
Today is the sort of day that pushes those ill feelings aside as people forget their troubles and immerse themselves in love. It is a day of sharing, loving and joy. When I look at the posts on Facebook and Twitter and even the stories on the news, there is a definite shift toward gratitude and inner joy because people are thinking about the food they are preparing and the family and friends they will be spending the day with. It’s a day to breathe and get away from hardships and heartache.
Though my family does not celebrate Thanksgiving, I will take time today to give thanks for all the blessings I have in my life at the present moment and there are many. I will smile at everyone that I see – it’s amazing to watch the effect when I do this – both for me and those I smile at. I will spread joy today pushing aside bad thoughts. I will add to the feeling of wellbeing today experienced by many which means many of us should feel a shift in consciousness because there is more joy than unhappiness today.
Happy Thanksgiving America and to my many friends and family that will be celebrating this day of joy, love and peace. May the abundance of the Universe warm your heart and remind you that everyday should be a day of Thanksgiving. Look around you today and spread your joy, open your hearts to love, set aside any differences you may have and allow the love and light we all have inside to surround us, seeping out into the world, touching the hearts of even those we do not know.
I can feel the love already.May peace be unto us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment