Saturday 5 November 2011

Doing the best I can

Okay everyone. It’s crazy Saturday. The day I wake up in the morning with my head spinning – thinking of the number of activity drop offs I have to do for the children.
I start checking off the list - okay where do I fit in doing the laundry, getting the groceries, making sure the children are at their activities. Then on top of this I have this challenge to do so what am I doing instead – procrastinating. Doing nothing because I’m so overwhelmed with everything I have to do. Why do we do this to ourselves??
Why do we make life so complicated? I feel just like the weather outside today – moody as can be. One minute it’s so dark outside, I have to turn the lights on. Next minutes it’s beautiful sunshine and clear blue skies then I have to turn the lights off. Flicking in and out of darkness and light. That’s me to a tee- flicking between joy and panic!!!
Okay so I am looking for inspiration when I should be getting my daughter ready for horse riding but I need some time for me as well to get me on the right track and feel like I can accomplish something today too. I can’t stand still today because I’ve got too much going on. So I have to just go with the flow and steal moments when I can to get back inside my character's head today. I’m going to take my lap top with me everywhere today making my overstuffed large mummy bag even heavier than it normally is.
My son is brooding because he is being challenged at school and doesn’t know where to put himself either. There seems to be a thunder cloud hanging over my world today. I need to change my energy today so that the energy around me can change as well. Taking a deep breath and just getting on with it is what I have to do.
I’m trying. My mantra today, I’m doing the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment