Tuesday 8 November 2011

Swimming against the tide

If you always do what you’ve always done, you will always get what you always got,” Doug Kaufman
Inspiration for today.
I laughed when I first read this because it occurred to me just how true this simple statement is. Then I wondered why I can’t always see the truth in it. How often do we feel like we are swimming backwards, paddling our arms as fast as we can but end up going nowhere fast. Leaving us exhausted, depleted, bitter.
This quote made me realise we can complain all we want about where we are and what we are doing but unless we change either our outlook on or direction to where we are and what we are doing, the only person we can blame is ourselves.
Take a deep breath today and allow yourself to go to a quiet space in your head, close your eyes and allow what you’ve always wanted to come to the forefront. Hold on to the image and whisper to the universe, “I am ready for this next chapter in my life.” And see what that feels like. I am saying this as much for you today as I am for myself. There is a cosmic shift going on right now and it’s up to all of us to embrace who we truly are and what we want to be.
Short and sweet today as I’ve got to write today for my writing challenge but when I saw this quote it made me want to touch base with everyone to say, if you’re sick of what you’ve always got it’s up to you to change what you’ve always done – simple but so hard to do.
Think about it, it’s not rocket science, if you always do what you’ve always done, isn’t it true that you will always get what you always got.” It’s up to all of us to claim what’s ours and go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment